Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Zumba in Haiti!

Hi darlings! Thinking of you all and so glad to know I have your friendship and support while I am here in Haiti!

Tonight I experienced Haitian dancing! So fun! You know I love to dance, and Carlandia's sister is my personal instructor now! She is always dancing with me anyway, but tonight she pulled me aside and taught me these crazy moves that were so much like zumba! Thinking of my zumba girls and excited to teach you the moves when I get back!

What else is going on here? So much since I last updated!

My two pediatricians did leave...today a couple arrived from Kuai, a doctor and a nurse, both so sweet and wonderful! I am going to love having them! A nurse from Australia is also here with me too. She will be here 6 weeks and the doc and nurse for 1 month. At the moment there is another team for just one weeks (they have been the cause of much trial to my patience and grace due to bed side manners, ect). But all is well and I am trusting THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE!

Bible Studys have been a blast this week! I love the excitement from the kids and have seen some very captivated famiy members as well. Have had some great conversations with Nancy's uncle. Yesterday we taught the kids about persevering in prayer. I told the story of the man who when Jesus first touched him he saw men like trees, and so he laid hands on him again and then he was fully restored. So we had the kids do the same for each other once again.

Updates on kids:

Carlandia is starting to walk and stand on her own. I was moved to tears when during worship tonight she let go of my hands and started doing a little swaying dance! Her leg still needs to grow!

Hersen Joseph also got out of his cast and has one leg shorter than the other. I am learning that the docs sometimes do this on purspose because the thought is that as the leg heals it will also grow. I am praying to see this for them!

Rudy-docs at Miami Field Hospital think it's too late for him to have surgery. I cried when a doc said, "well he will probably always have a limp, but the question is will it be a painful limp." Rrrr! I do not accept that in Jesus name! I wanted to ask that doctor if he would like a painless limp all his life starting when he was 3.

Dev-Things are taking another turn in directions.....docs think she is actually much more serious than at first thought(which I have somehow known in my gut all along, but have prayed for healing, even today as I heald her during her nap I had my hand over her heart all the while). They are again trying to get her to the states. Yale? By the way, It's her 2 Birthday today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVEE!

Please pray for 3 mothers who must've had a rough childhood as well. Jenny's mom, Daniette's mom and Rudy's mom. They are what you may call, "pot stirrers." They are very demanding and turn away to Bible Story time and church. But worse, they are very rough and harsh with their kids....I am trusting Jesus for their salvation!

Thank you for continuing to pray! I love you all soo much!

Bless you!

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Wow! What an amazing experience! I think of you often and pray that everything is going well! I think you truly have found your calling in life and I think it is so wonderful that you have been able to follow it!

Sandra's Latest... said...

Yeah for Carlandia and Joseph.

I was gutted to hear about Rudy. So sad. And not acceptable. We need to pray. I do know of another orthopedic team in country with Hope Force international. If you need a contact number email me! Might be worth another opinion. So sad. We need to pray for a miracle.

and Deve. It's so hard to know with these congenital defects. Seeing as she has thrived and grown well I wouldn't expect it to be quite as severe...but definitely if she is on digox etc she likely needs surgery as soon as she can get it. Praying for a breakthrough there and for the passport/travel documents to be issued quickly. Keep me posted!

I am so missing the children and being able to do something. I spent the day unpacking, doing laundry, telling stories. But didn't feel particularly useful to anyone. so wish I could return and help. Happy to hear that the doctor and nurse arrived!

Sandra's Latest... said...

I'm joining you in prayer for Deve and hoping others will too. Just posted it on my blog too. Let me know if she'll need more financial help.

Kristen said...

Amanda, I believe what Jesus promised right before he died, that we will see greater things done in His will. We will see mass healings and mass salvations in His name! I believe it! Jesus, I pray that during story time today that you will be more real to those parents and those kids and even Amanda and the team than ever before. I pray that like the Day of Pentecost, that there will be a mass break out of salvation and the glory of the Father. I pray this because He can heal legs and hearts, but He can also make us into new creations! Keep your faith, Amanda. You've been there for a long time and maybe haven't seen the miracles of healing like we'd often like, but keep your faith and persevere! it's not over and it's not too late for Devee and Rudy. I won't believe it. keep asking for the Father's thoughts and His heart. He knows way more about heart defects than the doctors. he knows his plans for Devee. Jesus bring a wave of heart healing in so many ways! Heal the hearts of the mothers who have been hardened after time. Bring your goodness and your parenting wisdom to these mothers. Let your ways be known by their families. Let your love be known through the mothers' and fathers' love for their children.

Love you Lord and we glorify your name. Amen

love you Amanda. You are doing amazing work! I can't believe how you've kept up the blog so well and working so hard and having so much patience. you are truley blessed and I see the kingdom coming from you.

-Kristen