Thursday, March 11, 2010

We Will Dance on the Streets that Are Golden!

Hello my dears! It's Thursday night and I am soo tired! I am honestly also feeling a bit lonely. I am thinking about these kids and how I will leave them soon. It makes me so sad, and I don't really have anyone here to process with...so I think that's why I fell lonely. Though I am asking Papa to bring the revelation to my heart that I have been wanting for the kids as I have taught them that He is our everything.

These kids are so great! So fun and get me laughing all the time! In the morning we had physical therapy as usual, Marie did so well! She was tossing a huge pilates size ball back and forth with me while fully giggling-I think it was one of those scared giggles because she wasn't sure her arms would really do the job(she is very hesitant to move her arm since the cast came off)!

Just before lunch we had our Bible story time because I knew I wouldn't be around in the afternoon. When I asked the kids what we talked about yesterday, I was the one giggling when one child said, "God is your friend, your father and your boyfriend!
Hehe!

This afternoon we took 4 kids to the field hospital. We took Francellot because in the last 24 hours he has complained of pain in his pins, and today I learned that he hadn't slept all night for pain! We took Jenny-who will get her pins out on Satuday! And Francellot will as well! We took Misheka, who know has a boot instead of a cast so she can start weight bearing. And we took Nancy because the wound highest up on her leg seems to be getting deeper. The wound care nurse was awesome and she will also go back on Saturday for follow up. Rhegi and I were praising God when we got there to learn that this wonderful retired woman psychologist was able to meet with Nancy! A big answer to prayers! She gave her some relaxation exercises that are specially for kids with PTSD. I think I will just teach all the kids!!!

So, on the way to the hospital we had to ride in a non-airconditioned, non window rolling down van! Sooo stinking hot! All of us dripping with sweat! At first we sang every song we all knew, and I tried to learn Jesus Loves Me in Creole. Jenny kept drying my arms,neck and face with her tshirt that she had ripped off in no time ;D
And by the end I had Jenny on my lap blowing on me, and I was blowing on Misheka who was in turn blowing on Jenny. We had our own personal fans for each other!

Tomorrow will be another short day at the clinic for me because at 1ish I will be going with the YWAM team to a tent city. I am imagining that it will be somewhat like the townships in South Africa last year. And all I wanna do is tell them the kingdom of God is near and that He is hear.

Oh yeah, I had that song in my head this evening on the way home from the airport because there is a section of the road that is laid with small bricks and the sun was shining on it so that instead of the dirty dingy road that it was, it looked like streets of Gold. And the sky was hazy red. I thought Jesus could have plucked us up right then!


Parts of the song I could remember:

"Sing a song of celebration. Lift up a shout of praise. For the Bridegroom will come, the glorious one. And ohhhhh we will look to His face. We'll go to a much better place. And we will dance on the streets that are golden, the glrious bride and the great Son of man. And every toungue and tribe will bow down and praise the glorious lamb."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we sang that song on sunday...

i miss you and the kids very much. they sound like they are doing well though will continue to pray for nancy. jenny is very affectionate. how is her mother?

i love your heart amanda. i have learned from you since before the trip, while there together, and since reading your blogs. you bless and encourage me and i pray the Father so blesses you and relieves your loneliness. it is so great we all share the same Father and He has enough time for each and every one of us...

Unknown said...

Hey girl! I am so missing you and all those kiddos. I know your heart is heavy with future thoughts of leaving and the loneliness you are feeling. Be assured that you are not alone. Jesus is there-in you and in all of the "least of these" that you are loving and sweating on. Plus I am praying that extra angels surround you and give you peace and comfort and protection in your upcoming week. Tell everyone hello- Alyson

Sandra's Latest... said...

Dear Amanda,
I could just picture all you wrote about. I remembered Marie was to have her cast off- so glad that happened and praying she'll be able to have full use of her arm first. Praying for her to push on.

I am so happy about Francellot (pins out early!) and Jenny- that will be amazing for them.

I pray your time in the tent city goes well. I am sure God will speak through you to the hearts of the people.

Hang in there girl. Wish I could come over and talk and hang out. Hopefully you'll be able to chat with some of the YWAMers today. And rest assured, although you are leaving, Jesus will be very near to each one of those little ones. Keep reminding them of that too.

Big hug sent your way.
Sandra