Friday, March 12, 2010

Just a Little Bit

Hey again! Thank you to all of you who have been leaving me notes on here! It is trully encouraging! Alyson and Sondra, you were here in my dreams the other night ;D

So I haven't headed out to the tent city yet, I worked at the clinic until now and am having a little break before we head out for the evening. I thought I'd give a few more updates on kids as some have been asking...and because I am so proud of them!

Lovensky started putting weight on his leg while walking with the walker. His pins have been out for a few days now, but he had been very scared to use his leg.

Nancy is learning some stretches to loosen up the tendons in her ankle that are locked. I just started thinking and these certain exercises came to mind. She told me it hurt so I asked the doc about it who said it is just tight and that those will help. Hooray Jesus for the good ideas!

Louise bends her knee with pins the best of all the kids. Poor dear, wish she could get up and moving. I guess her casted leg is such a bad break that it will be quite a while before her cast comes off.

Elson is all on his own with walking. He whines when we do his physical therapy, but he's so cute about it!

Elson, Wingie, Patterson and Marie got to go to the beach with the orphanage kids today! Those lucky ducks are probably having the time of their lives!

The kids who stayed behind are having a good time too. The military came by and blew up a bunch of balloon swords. Then a Haitian American group is passing through who seem very sweet with the kids and are praying with power too! Awesome!

I was up much of the night praying for the kids. I have 1 John in my heart constantly. All that love that I long for the kids to have. The passion wells inside of me for them to know His love. If His Spirit doesn't move into their hearts, nothing will help!

I wasn't able to talk to any parents today really, I am not sure where they all were...perhaps they are taking a much needed rest while they can.


Keep praying for Dev, not sure what in the world is going on with that proccess! Was in charge of her meds today because Becc who usually does it is also at the beach. I was checking what meds I was to give her and I was appalled that a doc who passed through had written a prophylactic dose for her of amoxicillin for a larger amount than even an adult should have!!! No one had noticed or questioned it. RRRRRRrrrrrr! I am glad I caught it now, though it's been that way for probably a week and a half or 2!

Oh yeah, did I tell you Jean rolled over from his tummy to his back! And he's eating like a champ today! He took 6 ounces this morning and 4 ounces 3 hours later! Wahoo!

3 comments:

jackie said...

jean rolled over? YEAH! And good news about the kids who got to go to the beach. What a treat! You are seeing such physical progress in the kids. Thanks for the updates, Amanda. But I especially am thankful that you are there to constantly share Jesus' love and His word. He is their only hope. And ours! Oh Jesus....pursue them with YOU and the refuge you are. You are in my prayers. Love, Jackie

jackie binder said...

And Amanda, as I was praying for all of you this morning I remembered in Ephesians Paul wrote:I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomparably great power for us who believe." That is my prayer for you and for the kids and their parents today.
Also, a YWAM guy named Danny is coming down Monday. Are there any specific needs/wants you or any of the kids have that I could round up and send with him?? Please let me know ASAP, OK? My mom, sister and daughter are all here for the weekend and we could conquer the list quickly!!!
I love you, girl. Hangeth thou in there. Jackie

mike kirbs said...

Yeah Girl! Just thinkin bout ya thought i would say hello. Sounds like you are doing good n all, taking good care of the kids! You are awesome!