Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Kids and Happy Me!

Today was really great! We pressed into physical therapy...the kids were more willing and I just took it nice and slow...but still pushing them to work hard at the same time. They are so amazing!

I had a great conversation with Elson's grandmother. She told me that a woman named Stephanie came before me and that we are just the same person. I told her it is because even though Stephanie and I do not know each other, we have the same Jesus inside of us. She said that Stephanie had led her to the Lord, but that because she is a woman who carries grudges in her heart, that she could not be a Christian. I talked to her of the God who created all the people of the earth, and how when a single one of them sins, it is against the Lord himself. Now, if all those people sin and he were to hold all of those sins in his heart, wouldn't He want to crush all the people? But instead, He himself died for us so that we wouldn't have to. Now, if our God is so strong to do that, wouldn't he inside of her be able to take away those grudges she holds? She was speechless. And I was so blown away by the beauty of Jesus in the form of that explanation. I had never thought of it just that way. He was teaching Madam Joseph and me at the same time!

I also told my testimony to the kids today, though I told it in such a way that they didn't know it was me until the end when I told them, "this is a true story, because... this story is me!" The parents and kids were all in awe and laughed and like it. I again was thinking of Nancy the whole time, as well as Darlene and the mothers.

Jenny and Wingie's mom came back today! She had a big smile and kissed everyone on the cheeck. I suspect she is now on anti-depressants as well as maybe an anti-siezure meds. Though I am not sure because I also know she was pregnant. I am curious to know if she still has the baby...

Some of the kids got to get out of the clinic today and go to the field hospital's AIRCONDITIONED tent made just for kids to play with toys and things. I wish I could have gone. I am glad they got to have fun. One of the girls, Marie, said, "Are we going to go to that place where we had fun again?" I hope so, and maybe I can go too!

I love you all bunches. Keep pressing into prayer for me in this last week! I want to see more mama's coming to Jesus! And their kids too! I have seen Anderson's mother smiling alot recently....I want to ask her if Jesus has come into her heart too!

Love, Amanda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day! I am so excited about Rosalina. That was a wonderful word picture the Lord gave you. I pray she takes it to heart and lets Him free her! And maybe Jenny's mom knows Jesus now, too! I've been praying for her and Daniette's momma. And the kids got to go and play. That is great! Bet Marie's smile was bigger than ever! Has Louise's aunt returned yet? Did Misheka get to go and play? Did you say goodbye to J-me? I want to facebook you or email...? I'm jackie jacobson binder on FB. Friend me! :) Love you so much, Amanda!

Nichole said...

Amanda,
I left you a message on FB about your job. I talked to the Charge Nurse because Susan was out. She realized it was a mis-communication. When exactly are you going home, do you still want me to get you a ride? Mama said she would do it if she isnt working during your arrival. Please let me know, as it is approaching quickly (much to your dismay I'm sure...) Love ya.

Nichole

Kristen said...

What wonderful stories of Christ! i'm in awe!

you are doing such a fabulous job loving the kids and their mothers and obeying Christ. Lord, thank you that you speak through Amanda in her testimonies, in her explanations of your forgiveness. it's so beautiful, Holy Spirit, how you teach someone with their own words. you speak in so many ways, and i pray for more of that in Amanda's last week there. I pray that you'll keep surprising her in the ways that you speak to her. I pray that you'll speak to her through the children and their families. I pray that you'll speak to her through the other volunteers. i pray that you'll speak to her through dreams and your creation and that she'll audibly be able to hear your voice.

Lord, while Amanda puts her arms around those kids to comfort and love them, I pray that she'll feel your arms around her. i pray that she'll feel your radiating love warming her like a hug.

Jesus, i continue to pray for a breakout in salvation in the clinic. all signs are pointing to it, and we have to patient in our anticipation of it, but we have faith in your salvation for Haiti!

Love you Father and love your ways.

Amanda love you and miss you.

Kristen said...

What wonderful stories of Christ! i'm in awe!

you are doing such a fabulous job loving the kids and their mothers and obeying Christ. Lord, thank you that you speak through Amanda in her testimonies, in her explanations of your forgiveness. it's so beautiful, Holy Spirit, how you teach someone with their own words. you speak in so many ways, and i pray for more of that in Amanda's last week there. I pray that you'll keep surprising her in the ways that you speak to her. I pray that you'll speak to her through the children and their families. I pray that you'll speak to her through the other volunteers. i pray that you'll speak to her through dreams and your creation and that she'll audibly be able to hear your voice.

Lord, while Amanda puts her arms around those kids to comfort and love them, I pray that she'll feel your arms around her. i pray that she'll feel your radiating love warming her like a hug.

Jesus, i continue to pray for a breakout in salvation in the clinic. all signs are pointing to it, and we have to patient in our anticipation of it, but we have faith in your salvation for Haiti!

Love you Father and love your ways.

Amanda love you and miss you.

Kristen Phillips said...

just blogged about you and your blog on my blog:
blog-kristen-blog.blogspot.com

Sandra's Latest... said...

Another amazing post :)
God is doing great things.
Yeah for Rosaline - I so hope she holds onto those words of wisdom and takes them to heart. She is a great lady. Speaking of her- how has her pressure been? still taking the meds i assume. she is due for another followup in some point- in a few weeks i think.
I'm praying lots for Nancy and Louise.

I hope you get some time with Jenny's mom too.
Wow, she was gone for awhile- that must have been interesting with Jenny and Wengi without a caretaker! It would be great if you get a chance to talk with her about her experience away and her life and future and plant some more seeds there. I'll pray for that opportunity.

Wow- play time. how fun. was that at medishare? i didn't know they had a toy area. how fun! i can imagine the children's delight.

I hope Founa is doing well. It would be interesting to find out where her cousin is as far as Christ goes.

Sandra's Latest... said...

PS:
I am sorry I missed out on your testimony. I'd love to hear it sometime!

I am heading to Switzerland tomorrow and am gone for a week. I just wanted to let you know I am still praying for you and everyone in post-op. And I'll be thinking of you as you head home next week. Praying for many more special moments before that time comes. And that you will look back in amazement at what God has done. Psalm 115:1

Hugs.
~Sandra

Wimmer said...

oh amanda! I love hearing all that God is doing in and thru you! I know stephanie, she was a ywamer that was out just before you came. yes you two do have the same Jesus!