Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Sweetest Kind of Crazy!

Today it was just me and Becc (the Australian nurse from Rwanda that is here for 6 weeks), and while the atmosphere was lovely...we were not informed that we would be the only 2 and so it was a bit busy! But all in all, I am so thankful to Jesus for every moment of this day!

I do not think I mentioned before that we do not have running water in our clinic, and today we also had no electricity. I did not even realize it because most of what I do is under the mango tree and because we really do not use the lights. But when one of our kids went limp and needed a nebulizer it was sticky! He is doing better now, but still not quite himself(this is Daniel from the orphanage for those who were here). It was cute once it got dark. Little Wingie(3) was on my heels because I had my little pen light so that I could keep working.

We laid hands on Rudy today because his mom wanted to take him somewhere tomorrow to be prayed for(honestly am afraid it would have been possibly witchery), so I suggested we all pray for him here. She abliged.

Also prayed for a new guy Paterson who had a skull injury from the quake and came in yesterday. He is soo weak! We told the story in Bible Study time of the woman who was bleeding and the child who was dying. We talked about how God cares for our hearts and our bodies. When for our activity the kids drew a heart with a real bandaid stuck on it, he drew this: A heart with a bandaid, and beside it himself with the wound coming out of his head. He is the sweetest boy and we saw that he really got the message today!

Oh, and Dev is much better! I could tell there were prayers right away because she really perked up unexpectedly and smiled today much more than usual.

Had a wonderful conversation with Shikira's mom today. She was admiring my love for the kids and we talked for some time about our lives. She then told me that when Shikira was a baby, her mom wanted to dedicate her in a church, but had been sick and unable to get to one. I told her that among the families here we could dedicate her because I believe that Jesus brought all these families together for a reason. She agreed that this is a good idea so tomorrow before bible study we will have a baby dedication!!!!

I am going to have a broken heart when I leave here. I shouldn't think about it yet, but I have only 2 weeks left. Please continue to pray that the atmosphere would be more and more full of prayer and the love of Jesus. I see so much of it already!

Thank you for being with me in prayer! You are then so close! Kristen, thanks for praying today because it was 1pm my time and I was having to press on to get my morning jobs done before lunch! And I was able to persevere quite smoothly.

Blessings! -Amanda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the kids are hearing about Jesus. That is what I prayed while I was there. And healing. God is using you I am so happy Amanda...

Sandra's Latest... said...

Sounds like a busy day. Guess you were full on physio and Rebecca did woundcare???
What happened to the docs and other nurses?
Hopefully you'll have some help tomorrow.
Happy to hear the day went well though. God enables!

I actually don't even know who Daniel is. I was wondering which of the post-op kids needed nebs. Guess that explains it- none. hope daniel is ok.

Good that you're getting in new patients still. Was this another one from Medishare? Sounds like an older kid. I will pray that God strengthens him- physically/emotionally/psychologically/spiritually.

Hugs,
Sandra

Sandra's Latest... said...

PS: Don't think about leaving yet. 2 weeks is still a while. Don't think about it till the day you leave- or maybe the day before since you'll need to pack.
Cherish every moment. Seize every opportunity. God is still going to do so much in and through you!

Kristen said...

Dear Dear Amanda! am so glad to hear that Devee is smiling and doing so much better! it quite honestly made me misty eyed. and man, so glad that you were there to step in with Rudy's mom wanting to take him somewhere to pray. Thank you Jesus for some good Holy Spirit intervention there! it sounds like you are getting to minister to a lot of the mothers and the rest of the families. The father really has you working with widows and orphans! i'm so thankful for you and that you're teaching so much. it makes me so happy to hear that they're learning that Jesus loves their hearts and their wellness and making cute pictures.

And man, two weeks is tons of time! that's how long our entire trip to S. Africa was and look what happened there! i miss you very much but know that you're in good hands. love you.