Friday, March 5, 2010

Stand Firm. Stand Firm. Stand Firm. Stand Firm.

Hello dear ones,

Had my first headache from being here. Was in my tent when I heard women yelling. It was two mother's duking it out over a baby walker. Writing down actually makes me want to giggle a little. But at the time it was quite heart breaking. It was between Shakira's mom and Daniette's mom. I know Shakira's mom is wanting to make right choices to follow Jesus, and of course it was no surprise that in the spirit realm things are in an upheavel due to that...there was all this talk about Shakira's mom being kicked out of here and all of a sudden she is called the "bad one." I speak against those lies in Jesus name!!!

That all started my day hard anyways, but then all the staff except me was missing! (I learned later that Rebecca was given the day off). All the others were in a meeting and had decided to discharge 4 kids of which only 1 did I approve of! I was so frustrated that they didn't even ask me who is the only one who's been here and actually knows the kids and what they are capable of. I had a break down, but my voice was heard and the docs did realze the mistake of not communicating.

The docs didn't just dissapear for this meeting, but they took the medical charts with them and were gone until 10 am! I didn't know who should get what medicince and was stunted on beginning some of my more difficult physical therapy.

As for therapy, it was not communicated to me that some of the kids are getting heavier meds still and being manipulated more intensely. (This angered me because that means I was doing double duty on some of the poor kids and realized this is why they have swollen joints!)

Ok, I am done venting and want you to know that the Bible study was the highlight. Some Brazillian YWAMers came and shared along with our lesson on not worrying, but trusting Jesus as he also clothes the lilies and feeds the birds. They did an awesome job and all were captivated.

So who went home today?

In the end it was Michelanda who in my opinion was ready days ago. She had a foot wound and is walking and doing just fine. She is sweet, but a handful around here.

The other is Carlandia. I wouldn't have had it so. Not just because she is so cute and such a joy, but she trully wasn't ready with the limp. AND I was unable to do teaching with mom because she was gone for the day and an aunt came for her. So bizaare. We told them to come tomorrow so I could do teaching. Praying they make it!

The other 2 did not go home because I just wouldn't have it so. It was just not right on many levels.

So in the end I am saying again, Jesus is the ultimate advocate and he is doing his job! And yes, standing firm, having done all I will stand firm!

Love, amanda

3 comments:

Sandra's Latest... said...

"well done, my good and faithful servant"

Amanda- you are truely amazing. The kids so need you. Thank you for sticking up for them. I'm curious as to which other two kids 'they' were wanting to send home.

As for Michelanda- she's ready. Only thing is she did still have a follow-up appointment at Medishare- which is what we were waiting for.

And Carlandia- we just need to trust that Jesus will continue His healing process and help her through rehab! Praying her family shows up tomorrow.

Hang in there friend. Remember, He is the master of the universe.

Interesting about the stronger pain meds and physical therapy. I do hope that works well for the kids in the long run. My prayers are with them and you.

Sleep well my friend.

Hugs,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Amanda I will continue to pray for ongoing communication between workers and you and that they be mindful and respectful of your role and input. Who better to be heard and to speak for the kids than one who spends time with them!

I am reading this late and wondering if Carlandia's mother came yesterday.

You are a blessing. Thank you thank you for finding/making time in your day to keep us updated.

Kristen said...

From the sounds of it, you've been having some drama packed days! miss you and following your blog everyday!

wow, the mothers seem to be a continuing prayer request. i know that i'm praying for them almost more than for the kids. Jesus, I ask that you teach these women childlike trust from their children. i pray that they learn your love and your playfulness and your sweetness from their precious children. Lord, as your growing up these children to be strong spiritual leaders in their neighborhoods and town, that you grow up their mothers and families to be strong women leaders full of love and obedience to you, Jesus. I thank you for Shakira's mother who wants to obey you. I thank you for weighing on her heart that desire. I thank you that you are a patient father who teaches us as we go and you stick with us through our mistakes. Lord, you don't give up on us. Lord, I am so hopeful for Shakira's family with the changes that you're making in their hearts and lives and pray for continual learning through your Holy Spirit.

Lord Jesus, I ask that you bring your peace and order to the clinic with the doctors, the children, Amanda, and the families. I pray that this clinic would be a thin spot between heaven and earth for your will to be done. I pray that in this place, they will learn to hear your voice. I pray that in this place, your word will reign. Jesus, I declare that the enemy's doings are not permitted in that place or even near it for blocks and blocks all around. Jesus, in your name, bind the enemy from these people. You reign, Jesus!

I thank you again and again for Amanda, that you keep her with the children, that you protect the children through her, that you heal the children through her, that you teach the children through her, that you comfort the children through her. Lord, you have done so much for these people! Again, I ask for a breakout in salvation in the clinic. I pray for a night of transformation, where the children and the family members who don't have you in their hearts yet, become new creations through you! Lord, I ask for the ultimate healing for these people, healing that lasts forever! Jesus, you are worthy. We trust you to continue with miracles and healing of hearts and crazy supernatural things even when we are not there. Lord, I pray for others with giant hearts like Amanda to step up and into the clinic to continue your work. I pray for more willing workers to work in your name!

Jesus! Haiti is changing! You are worthy of the nation of Haiti to celebrate your name, to praise your name. Bring them back to your arms, Father. You are worthy!

Amen

Love you so much Amanda. Can't wait to hear more from you. many many hugs!

oh, and the baby is growing so much these days. i'm still waiting to feel it though at almost 17 weeks.