Sunday, March 7, 2010

All the kids are Healing!

I must update all of you who have been praying-THANK YOU!

It seems that the day I had Friday was necessary for the breakthrough that is following....my voice was heard and the docs and team realized where things had gone wrong. Yesterday was very productive:

I had a good conversation with Shakira's mom...and did send them home. Mom dedicated both her babies through a prayer I prayed and Rhegi interpreted. She loved the prayer so much that she had us write it so she can keep it beside her bed! We talked about how in Haiti someone may be looked down upon with one leg, but how God's kingdom is different. In His Kingdom, Shikira is among the greatest! I will definately keep praying for mama and fam. She is stubborn and chose the whealchair over the stroller which I fear is detrimental in Shakira's rehab. BUT, as always, Jesus is trully in charge!

I feel like a pilates instructor for a mom and me class! I held two classes teaching Carlandia and Elson with their mom's how to do rehab on their own kids. I then had a class for Daniette and Anderson who both got their casts off yesterday! Daniette will go home tomorrow!

Our Bible Study went so well! The Brazillian's rocked again! We told of the prodigal son, and of our wonderful Papa.

Prayers now: Nancy has cellulitis and is now on IV antibiotics.



As for today, I had a wonderful day off! The Lord restored me fully I do believe. I told him I wanted to know He was persuing me as well. He found me a sweet spot on a beach to journal(went with the YWAM team for the day!). And, one of the Brazillians taught me dance moves! Man it was like zumba all hyped up!

Love to you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH for progress!! Thank you Jesus! I'm so glad you are persevering on behalf of those precious kids and to draw them to Jesus constantly. That's so precious about Shakira's mom! And I'm glad the Brazilians are getting a chance to participate in what God is doing. You are mentoring them for future work for Him! I'm praying for you and the kids and mamas. Love reading your blog, girl. Thanks. Jackie

Sandra's Latest... said...

Wow. Lots of kiddos going home. That is a good thing. Albeit a little sad to see them go I'm sure.
When is Elson going home? Hopefully Rosaline will cope with all of her meds too!

Yay for Carlandia going home. And Shakira- we'll just need to keep praying for her family. I believe God has planted some amazing seeds. Wow- Anderson and Dienette without casts. Amazing. So awesome!

I will pray for Nancy. Poor girl. And the wounds seemed to be healing so nicely. A little iv meds and lots of prayer will heal her for sure.

I'm still praying for Louise. Please tell her I say hi! And Dr. Tolo as well- I hear from Tasha that he is more mobile now. How awesome. I'd so love to see him upright and moving about.

So glad to hear you had a relaxing day and pray God will give you the strength you need for another week. He will!

I went to a YWAM Tyler meeting this evening and we saw some Haiti footage (from Jen) and encouraged all to keep praying for Haiti.

Big hug and lots of prayers sent your way!

Kristen said...

YES! YES! YES!!!!

gregory said it best, "not surprising, but awesome!"

i love all these stories. i love how you prayed for the dedication of the baby. i love that the mom loved the prayer so much, so wants a written copy by her bedside. so cool!

i love that the Father is making his move! keep healing those kids, Papa. keep healing their families and their hearts. let your will sweep over Haiti!

Amanda, keep faith that this is just the beginning and that the Father has much more planned. he's about full healing. you are amazing and i miss you terribly, but love looking at your blog everyday. i've come to keep up your tab all day long waiting for more updates.

Man, Father is gushing with pride over his beautiful daughter Amanda. He loves how you stand up for the sick and the helpless.

I love you and i'll keep tuning back to your page.