Monday, March 8, 2010

Quick Prayer Requests

Hi friends! Is so late for me here, but really wanting to ask for specific prayers!

Things went really well today in the clinic. So smooth in fact! Bible study time was great. Got all my physical therapy done early. I sent home Daniette. She is such a cutie! I wrote her a letter and she kept holding it saying, "Moi mem?" ("for me?"). Of course she cannot read and so she was so confused!

This is my big request:

NANCY!!!!!!! She is depressed. She won't eat or drink. Though we have convinced her that she must drink ensure because it is vital for her wounds to heal. She does take in 3 a day. But really, she just sits in one spot all day and barely smiles. I gave her cards and we played today, but it was just motions without much enthusiasm. I pray a counselor comes! But as I was reminded, we do have One great Counselor in Christ.

Pray for Dev. She has 4 half way answers, as in 4 hospitals say, "yes we want her!" But none have succeeded in getting her there!

Okay, goodnight! love, Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Nancy..I will pray. Exciting about Daniette! She is a pistol. :) Have a great night of sleep. I pray for you often, girl! Jackie

Sandra's Latest... said...

Yay for Dienette! Awesome. I hope she carries on with her vibrance in life and is as vibrant about Christ.

I'll pray for Nancy. Sweet girl. I did meet a play therapist/counsellor the last day there- she was going to return- Jen Bullock might have her details. I suggested it would be great if she worked with the moms and kids in the post-op. I'll be praying for her- for encouragement, healing and joy.

Hang in there girl. You're doing amazing work.