Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Giggles are Good Medicine!

Hello dear friends! It has been a strange day around here. All the kids seemed to be having a grumpy day. My patience was tried and so at times I felt a bit grumpy too. I had to be the "mean" nurse, getting my kids to do their physical therapy as they whined and whimpered (and some dramatic ones did some screaming for good measure). At the end of the day I laughed when I looked down and saw how filthy my scrubs were. The makings of a true nurse right? Hehe!

Bible study hour was a blast! We were talking about how the Father who loves us so tremendously doesn't just rejoice once he has us in his arms, but also wants to give us a new heart-His heart! So we put on this rediculously funny skit. Even the parents were fully into it. The whole time, I had Nancy on my mind. I hope to talk to her about her thoughts on that skit tomorrow. Pray for us!

Please pray for a change in the atmosphere and attitudes for tomorrow. The parents all seem quite content, it's just the kids-which is a funny switch on things! Please pray that all the kids will be enthusiastic about physical therapy for their recovery!

Lots of love!

1 comment:

Sandra's Latest... said...

hope today was better. with lots of giggles and fun.

tell nancy hello and that she is in my prayers. so wish i could do more for her. i hope she is feeling better physically and emotionally.

hang in there girl! those kids need you and your smile and abundance of patience. i would so love to see them all doing their physio! must be amazing to see the progress.

hugs,
sandra