Saturday, March 13, 2010

Light Rising

Lastnight was so amazing! Yesterday just before dark we went to a tent city of 450. We walked into their main "alley way" and began to worshp in Creole. The crowds came! The first thing that caught my eye was a woman and her baby. I picked him up right away, forgetting that he'd be diaperless-hehe.

It got dark pretty quickly and I could barely make out faces, several small girls flocked to me and we started dancing in the crowd. I never knew my hands could hold so many hands at once! I must've had 3 in each hand and a couple around my waist! It was beautiful to sense the light of Christ rising up in this dark place. It was mind blowing to think of what was being changed in other realms that we do not see!

Afterwards we went to the police station across from the palace for another session of worship. In this crowd there was a dear boy named Kelye. He is 10. He lives with his mother and sister. He has missed 2 years of school because one year he was sick with an abscess in his face and another year his mother could not send him. (His father died when he was a baby.) His few english words were when he pointed to the sky and said, "I love you Jesus" with his shy grin. When he said "no papa" and I pointed again to the sky saying, "papa" and pointed to his heart. He said, "wee" and procceeded to point to the sky and to each person around saying, "Papa, papa, papa." I pulled an interpretor over to ask him more details and then we had to go. I told him Jesus is taking good care of him. He said anytime we have worship here he will be here! So cool!

Today has been pleasant at the clinic. My Bible Study went strangely as I began with the story of Moses, but forgot just how neverending that story is. Yikes! My whole point was how He knows them from birth. I had read part of Psalm 139 beforehand and explained about His seeing us in our mom's tummy and knowing all our days to come.

Oh Jackie! Other than needing a physical therapist to take over when I leave, could you send any craft supplies you can think of? WaterColors, tissue paper/celephane,
colorful puff balls, cotton balls, mini paperplates,markers, crayons, ribbon, elmer's glue, popscicle sticks, yarn, funky sciccors, regular kid scissors, glitter, googly eyes. Cross stitch for the girls. Oh, could really use beachballs and other inflatable balls for physical therapy. I won't be hear for Easter, but the nurse who is staying longer is requesting Easter supplies: Plastic easter eggs, jelly beans, and Ressurection related crafts too so it can be both fun and about the King :) Another thought: Worship CD's that are catchy and fun to dance to, but not just for kids since we all end up listening to it all day long(we have one cd that is way overplayed!). The projector broke and we have all been missing our nightly worship sessions!

Goodnight sweet loves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a beautiful post...