Monday, March 15, 2010

Last Days......

Oh my, I am so tired tonight! I have one more full day left ahead, please pray for my heart and the hearts of the kids and their caretakers!

Lastnight was awesome! I cannot even believe it was just lastnight because today was so full in itself. I went again yesterday afternoon with YWAM to the largest tent city in PAP. It was strange the way everything surrounding it was so dismal and flat, and that even though it was a beautiful sunny day, the sky seemed hazy and dull. We walked in with the heart to tell the people that the Lord is among them, to find out their stories and to encourage them in Jesus.

My team of 4 walked along and were soon surrounded by a handful of children. We weren't sure where to go, but I knew a helpful phrase. I asked one girl, "Quiquote la quaiyu?" (Where is your house?). She took us to her tent where her mother stood outside. She invited us in to pray for her. It was so cool how all of what we prayed and shared with her all tied together. From there we moved with ease from one tent to the next, maybe because everyone could here us pray through the sheets and so they would pull us their way as soon as we stepped out of one!

After entering only 4 tents our time ended so that we could have a worship service that all in the city were invited to. Wow! We worshipped the dust out of that place! Seriously, it choked me sometimes. And I couldnt help but think of all those kids so much shorter than me breathing in all that junk. Oh, and the babies! A woman from Brazil shared a message that was so powerful, lives must've been touched-I was sure in tears! Lastnight it rained so hard, I wonder if my prayers for those 4 tents were answered of them being kept miraculously dry among all the others....

I woke up this morning from a dream of a new physical therapy exercises in step by step picture form in front of my face. So funny! As I was waking up I was also trying out the exercise(it's one done while lying flat). I actually taught it to Founa today because she has the hardest time of all with bending her knee.

Tomorrow we will have a party after Bible Study as a farewell to the kids (and for them a farewell to me). I made brownies! And we are going to buy them each a coke. Wow! They are gonna be energy balls!

Love you all! See you soon.

1 comment:

Kristen Phillips said...

Cannot wait to see you! your time in Haiti has been filled with answered prayers and prayers that will continued to be answered after you leave.

i hope your last day ended on a good memory and we look forward to seeing you again and having my d-group partner back. i'm jealous to have you back in my life!

love you, kristen