Friday, February 5, 2010

Why GO to Haiti?

When I first learned of the earthquake having shaken Haiti, I was heartbroken. I dreamt all night I was there rescuing Haitian's. Strangely, I wasn't pulling them out of rubble, but out of the ocean where they were floating around with their wounds which were from the earthquake. I pulled them out and fed them.

I woke with this phrase repeating itself on my heart: "I love Your ways." I knew that was not my own thoughts, but from His own Spirit. Though I wouldn't have thought it up, nor did I understand it, I fully believed every word.

I hear of Haitian people asking the question, "Where does our help come from?" Some say, "We are just lucky," others say, "This is because of our voodoo," or "God is angry with us."

And never has the Lord been so passionate in me as the response that came from me as His vessel. I will go. Send me if you want to. I will go right now. If no one goes, if no one tells them, how will they know that their help comes from the Lord, Maker of Heaven and earth? That He is near to the broken. That He is slow to anger, RICH IN LOVE and MERCY? Not that I think it is going to be soo dangerous, but I have never been more willing to risk my life for the sake of loving Him and seeing His arms be able to expand full of new sons and daughters. I am honored to be called His friend and to share in His suffering. So here I go.....

No comments: