Monday, February 22, 2010

Super Star

Okay before I tell you what's going on here, I gotta tell you this cool thing that happened to me today. Most of you know that I was following blogs of missionaries in Haiti daily since the earthquake? I had secretly thought of them as super stars that I hoped to meet, and would want to take pictures with them. Well, today I was out helping try to create some tent cities with some from my team as well as other teams. I overheard a guy saying he and his wife were here in Haiti wanting to open a girl's orphanage and how the earthquake put a delay on it. I turned and realized he's one of the blogs I followed! Jarod and Jalayne! Ha! As if I know them. And, of course, I was too sheepish to ask for a picture. But, they may make their way to this orphanage while I am still here. I hope! Hehe!

So as for an update from the weekend news, the droves of people are gone! Some of them were genuinely sweet to be fair. So, we are praying that some routine be recovered in the week ahead. Please do pray as there is quite a bit of disorganization among different ministries. This is making it confusing for me as to where I am supposed to be. Things concerning the big tent for the kids post-op are "up in the air."

I am here and loving the kids and loving their families. I love the team of 2 pediatrician, an EMT(Sarah, aka "the boss") and me. We work so well together and see Jesus pouring out of us constantly. Those kids are precious! They keep us on our toes with all their energy! Love that!

I am realizing that you are all really committed to lifting me up in prayer from the different notes and things I have gotten. Thank you! It means so much!

1 comment:

Sandra's Latest... said...

I'm missing our team. Hope you are well. Love ya! Hang in there.