Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Did you know?

Hi friends! I realized today that you may not here updates on the news about Haiti anymore. Did you know that we have had 4 earthquake/aftershocks since I have been here? 2 happened lastnight. We are all fine, but the children were so frightened and shaking. They slept outside under the mango tree! Tonight we will not go back into the chapel where the kids have been staying, but will move them into tents. Please pray for the kids that they will be free from fear. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!

It has been a good day so far. I did learn that my children's hospital in the states is not willing to take heart baby, Devee. We are praying that the Dominican Republic option will happen! Please pray too!

Today I sent our cutie 3 year old home with her family. She is the youngest of 3 and has both parents living, however they live in a sheet tent. We were able to send them with 3 tarps, rope and duck tape. I will miss her! Please pray for this family. Mom is really sweet, but very discouraged. When she first came she asked that we take Woodlean(the little girl) as well as the other 2 kids because they have no way to provide. I prayed with her and she now wants to take Woodlean home with her. Praise God!!!! Mom says that she is a sick woman, that her heart and back hurt. Lastnight I gave her a spa night. I put my ipod in her ears to Kristene Muller and she layed on a sheet while I gave her a good long back message. We shared Bible verses with her and lots of prayers. I told her what we tell the kids in the hospital when we they learn they have a new disease. I said to her, "The missing leg is not in control. You are in control. I told her that the Lord has all the power over satan and that He is their good Papa." Pray for this family as they transition. That Woodlean will not be bedridden, but will be empowered by the Spirit to rise up and conquer with her missing leg!

Okay, my lunch break ended a bit ago. Love to you all! Kisses on both cheeks and hugs (as we do here!)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

This is a very uplifting post to praise the Lord along with! I'm so hopeful for the family with the mother with the hurting back, her daughter, and the two other children. I thank the Lord that they have their parents still! I'm also so thankful that they were able to go home with tarps, rope, and duct tape. Today has been a lesson that the Lord works through the small and non-extravagant things and He makes them beautiful! I also praise Him that through prayer, the mom's heart has changed and she has become more confident in provision. She wants her children home with her! The Lord is bringing family back together!

I'm also very hopeful that Children's Mercy being unwilling to take Devee is for a specific reason, that she is better off going to the DR. I pray for ease for her family and that they'll be able to travel with her and away from the aftershocks while she is healing from a life-saving heart surgery.

When reading about the children hiding from the aftershocks under the mango tree, I just can't help but think how adorable they must be! I want to hold them myself and protect them from falling mangos and branches. but I pray that the ground will finally stand still and that the children will be eased from fear.

Amanda, so proud of you and continuing to keep updated with your prayer requests. Love you very much! Blessings of strength and courage and energy and grace! Amen!

Anonymous said...

yes keep posting I am reading Amanda and praying I am depending on your girls blogs to keep me posted I want to hear about Haiti but mostly about your work as well...

Kristen said...

i want to know more! you must be so busy these past few days and that's a lot of why I want to know more!