Thursday, February 25, 2010

God is Good ALL the Time

Hello friends! I am excited to tell you that we have begun a mini-kid version of God Story today! We are telling of His love because we(the staff in hospital) realize that it is not merely their physical needs we long to meet, but much more their hearts!

I had woken up today so discouraged. I had been struggling to meet Jesus in His Word. When I would read I would seem to find discouraging or impractacle verses. I was growing hopeless for the country and unsure of just why I was still here. What was I thinking to stay on for so long whenever all these changes keep happening and I do not know from one day to the next what I will do. But God is soooo good! He has the plan and it has never once changed. I am constantly reminded...

I confessed my hopelessness to Jesus and He took it. I read Ephesians 6 (Allison Riggs-thankyou!!!!) again as it has been my promise on this journey. I set out for the day still discouraged yet pressing on. A nurse, Jackie, who is a wonderful woman, had said she had a check in her heart all morning that she was not supposed to go where she had at first planned for the day, but was to stay with me. I was soo blessed! We were both glad, for she had no idea I needed the encouragement, and I really had not realized just how lonesome I had been for a partner in doing physiotherapy. It was so encouraging to have her bright smile and joyful laughter all the day! And in the crazy afternoon, the Lord brought all the kids together, and their parents in one place. My translator, Rheggi-super!-helped me so that I told them all about the God who is a family and loves so much! I left off explaining to them where Satan came from and what happened when Adam and Eve disobeyed. Tomorrow, Lord's doing, we will tell them about God's big plan! Come on God Story!!!!

All that to say that I am immensely encouraged and found purpose here!

P.S. We have a new little 3 year old also with one foot amputated. She is rocking out! Sooo cute! She has a teensy little walker! Today I found her a cute little pair of pink moccasins. Little Haitian Indian ;D

Thank you Alina and Kristen for such encouraging notes on the last blog! It really helped me today! I love you! Please everyone, keep praying for the atmosphere in the clinic, among the families and kids, that we will grow in the love and grace of Jesus Christ!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

praise the Lord for you Amanda...I was so glad when I was there to see the kids and families with Bibles but sad I couldn't talk to them about Jesus in their language. I am blessed that you are being used for body and soul to the kids I miss....I have great faith in Him and you and them!

Kristen said...

It is so cool that you are sharing God's story to the kids. This is your favorite thing! keep strong in Eph 6. don't let another voice distract or discourage you from that. Lord, I pray for the increase in Amanda's faith. keep her from discouragement. i pray that even the verses that seem discouraging or off topic come back to her with a word from you Jesus, because your word never is read in vane.
Lord, I pray for the children as they heal and get physical therapy. I pray for their hearts as they listen to your story. Lord, I pray that your story and how they are written into the creator of the universe's story will be tattooed into their hearts. They are so important to your story and you have written a plan for them. you have written long ago that these children will rise up as an army for you, Christ. They will have courage through tragedy. They will have love for the world when the world doesn't love too well back. They will be faithful with nothing in front of them.

(Pela just sat on my lap and I'm explaining to her where you are and what you are doing with the sick children. she's pretty quiet, but really cute! she says that she just went pee pee on the potty!)

Lord, raise these children up to be parents reliant on their faith in you. teach them how to love you and their families. Raise up Haiti as a nation of strong families!

Lord, you are doing great things in the country and in the hearts of the people. Please show your helpers like Amanda this. please increase their faith in your work and your power over a nation's strong holds.

we love you Papa and want to see your people healed. In Your name, Amen

Kristen Phillips said...

I don't know how often you hear the world news, but things are happening! Last night there was an 8.8 earthquake in Santiago, Chile and Hawaii has had sirens going off for a looming tsunami. The world is a scary place and I pray that you are safe under your mango tree with the kids.

I hope that your Saturday is full of goodness and recovery and more of God's story. I can't wait to hear more about the kids listening to you and your stories about creation and Abraham.

Have you heard of any updates for Devee? or the 3 year old girl who just went home? Lord, I pray for these little girls and their hearts. I pray for Devee to get the surgery that she needs for her heart to be strong and I pray for the second girl to have a strong heart when learning how to live with her one leg. Lord, please fill their hearts where they are weak. Comfort them and their families. Take away the worries that keep them up at night. Lord, open the parents' hearts to prayer and your word. I pray that they learn to discern your loving voice from the accusing one. I pray that this brings them hope for the next day.

Father, when will life be better for these Haitians? When will their homes be rebuilt? When will they be able to go back to work and school, to the grocery store, to their own bed at night? Father, I praise you for each new brick that is relayed. I praise you for each family that moves out of their sheet tent and into a home with strong walls and a stable roof. I praise you for each day of recovery. You, Father, are the one that brings goodness and life out of a ground covered in rubble and tragedy. We keep our faith in you when the earth shakes again.

We trust in you and the authority in your name, Jesus. Amen