Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sweet Reunion!!!

I am writing to you today with such a happy happy heart! The Lord has really made me such a happy lady!

I arrived at the Haven yesterday evening. My darlings spotted me right away and came running to hug me tightly one after another. I could have burst with all the love and joy that swelled up in my heart for them. I just couldn't stop smiling for a good hour at least. I didn't want to go to bed either. I just wanted to stay up all night talking to the girls and catching up.

It was a bit sad at the same time though because several of the children are no longer here. There are many new faces however, and such darlings they are as well!

I can tell you also that from the moment I entered the Haven I could tell that the spiritual atmosphere had changed soo much. Where once there was heaviness and opression, now there is such ease. The children are so hungry for God it amazes me! One new girl said to me last night, "I know that in Heaven is a book with names in it, and when I get to heaven the angel will open the door and look in the book, but I do not know how to get my name in that book. You must tell us about God."

All the kids who had been here before were asking right away for Bible lessons. I am thrilled to share with them all that is in my heart from Jesus for them. Please pray that all goes so well here!

I love you all! Blessings, Amanda

4 comments:

Sean. said...

Amanda.

First I want to say it is so good to know you are doing so well and that you arrived safely. I and the others were praying and knew God would take great care of you. Also would love to hear how that all worked out but more importantly Know you are very missed here. There isn't a day that goes by I don't miss having that other Joyful heart in the room. Know that the Kids walk around and ask for you. They ask if Megan is Amanda or simply yell out "Amanda?" It is quite great.

Know that everytime I pick up lil Linda or "Lindinya" I think about how you held and loved her so much, those are the moments I pray that God keeps moving in your heart where ever you may be. I know she misses you, we all do.

I will try and keep you updated with what is going on around here in Mozambique but next time I'll just write you through e-mail. Cranberry_Dawn. :-)

I trust that He is doing so much through you and that your Heart is consistently changing. Hope to talk to you soon and thank you again so much for your time and friendship in Moz.

Blessings.
Sean.

Thad and Mary May said...

Amamda:

It's so great to get caught up on your Mozambique experience and now you're in Namibia.

Because of you generous spirit - sharing freely your joy, your sorrows, you lessons from our Father - we are nourished and made better. Thank you.

We love you.

Thad & Mary May

Thad and Mary May said...

Amamda:

It's so great to get caught up on your Mozambique experience and now you're in Namibia.

Because of you generous spirit - sharing freely your joy, your sorrows, you lessons from our Father - we are nourished and made better. Thank you.

We love you.

Thad & Mary May

Bethany Laurel Good said...

Mydear Amanda!! You are come home now, aren't you? I am reading this a little late...Jaco just left yesterday. I am sure you are full of stories and feelings and such!!!! I would love to talk with you sometime soooonn and share stories. can't wait to hear about your time in each of the unique places you were, especially in Namibia at the Haven. Tell tell!!!

Love you,

Bethany