Friday, June 19, 2009

Am I there yet?

Hello dear hearts! I am on my way to Namibia now (I am in Namibia, just not all the way to where I am headed-I forget how long travel can take here and it's testing my patience when all I want is to instantly be with the ones I love!!)

I woke up this morning in a sort of shocking way, almost unwelcoming to my ears-SILENCE. No little voices calling, no cries or giggles or screams. I laid in my bed thinking about how blessed I have been for the last nearly 3 weeks. Just two nights ago I fell asleep with a little infant boy in my arms. Who is so lucky to have so many babies at their finger tips at every moment of the day? They are so warm and cuddly, and perfectly fitting. I thank Jesus for every day that He let me stay in that House of Love in Mozambique. I will miss those babes!!!

It was especially hard to say goodbye to little Dene! The doctors have said that he is about 15 months old. He hadn't attached to anyone, but he always came to me crying and wanting to be picked up or redirected to some fun diversion. We were learning to say "hola" together. His little laugh and his little cry both left his face in the cutest scrunchy nosed way. When I said goodbye to him he waved down the road saying "tata," but having no idea I wouldn't be back soon. The other children are either to young to know I have left, or old enough to know that visitors come and go....but he had only just come before I got there. I hate that he is experiencing another person leaving him!!!! It breaks my heart!!!! There have been a couple children here with whom I have said to myself, "If Moz let foreigners adopt I would seriously be considering what my life would be like as a single mommy!" But the Lord has his plans for each of us. In His time....

Welp, I am not totally sure what is happening here in Namibia. Because the airport is so far from my destination, it has been difficult getting me from here to there. I am not sure if I will arrive today or tomorrow. Oy, so sad! I am, however, staying with Stephan and Anja's aunt and uncle for now and they have the most peaceful cute little place here in Windhoek. I am blessed to be here! I had a delicious bowl of cereal this morning and I am smiling:)! Love to you all as always, Amanda

p.s. Thanks for all your comments Barbera! Yes, I am happy to be "mommy" for this little while!

Monica, I sent you a message about my bills, they are automatically paid for through my account, so no worries sista!

Jenni! and Lauren! I lost your adresses or else I'd send you a postcard!

No comments: