Saturday, June 27, 2009

Souchef at the Guestfarm

Well my friends, flexibility makes the best missionary, right? I am learning this trade and it can really be quite fun once you let go of all your own agendas or ideas about certain ways of things and how they should unfold.

After one day at the Haven I was wisked 4 hours north to Otavi. This is the farm Shtefan and Anja run. Anja was a bit sick and so really needed my help (and company). I became best buddy to Fin-Luka ;)!!!! as well as sou chef to Anja- she's an amazing cook. I know this all sounds quite confusing. They had guests and needed my help. So with an hours notice I left my darlings at the Haven and headed up north. I stayed much longer than I wanted which has me rather sad because it cuts down on my time at the Haven by more than I like to think about. I was supposed to stay until Wednesday which turned into Thursday,.....and now it's Saturday!

Once again, the Lord had his reasons for bringing me so far from the Haven and had a lot to teach me and show me. He really is the best husband and does things so well!

Okay my dearhearts, I will talk again soon I hope! Love, Amanda

2 comments:

Grace said...

So glad you are safe. Anja and Finn Luka are lucky to have you!

rhonda said...

My Dear Sweet Amanda,
I can't wait to see you. I know you will be sad to leave all those little babies. Reading your blog makes me so sad. That's why I am not a Ped nurse. But even so... I would want to bring all of those kids home with me. You are a brave heart for sure. All my love to you. You are at the forefront of my prayers. Grama and Grampa send their love to you. God Bless MIMI!!!! XXX
MAMA