Monday, June 15, 2009

Mommy Wrinkles!!

This update is being written in honor of my darling sister Tricia, amazing mother of 4 beautiful daughters who look just like her! I hope your reading this Tricia!

I was walking towards the house today and when I looked down at the underside of my left forearm, I had wrinkles! My sister calls such wrinkles "mommy wrinkles" because they are the marks left behind from spending hours holding babies. My sister has so far spent 6 years holding babies, I have only just begun. I do not think she gets quite as excited about those mommy wrinkles as I did. And mine have since faded while hers are permanent, I think. Anyway I am often thinking of my sister and my other young mommy friends. Those with toddlers and "strong willed" children. I am now experiencing what they experience, x 14!!!!!!!

I am constantly asking the Lord to show my His love for the children. I would love to love them as my own children, but I have no way of knowing if I am because I have never had my own children. I have my nieces, and I love these kids like I love them....but I am still so curious to know a mother's love. So last night I had a dream. It was just a dream, but so real. I was in the midst of my future orphanage, and I had my own baby their before me. It (I am not sure if it was he or she) was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid eyes on! Wide eyes and dark hair, round little face with chubby cheeks. It just looked at me and I was so in love. All day I keep thinking about this baby, as if it is real! So funny isn't it!!

Welp, as far as updates go, there isn't much different to say. Just still loving and going on with the life that is before me here. I have 4 days left here and then on my way to Namibia!!!!!! Hope to update you again before I leave. Take care!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your maternal instincts are getting so strong! It's such a wonderful love, that of a mother and child. I am excited for you to have kids someday, you'll be the best mom ever! It's so great that you are expressing that love to those children. You are in my prayers of course, can't wait for you to come home tho and hold Olive for the first time:) Love you!

Monica said...

Amanda! Please e-mail me the person you wanted me to contact about your mail! I've received your bills and I don't know what you want me to do with them!!! Email me at monicaplau@yahoo.com.

"The Barbers" said...

It sounds like your are making a wonderful mommy to all those children. There is nothing better than the innocent love you get back from your little ones. Miss you!!