Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jezoosh Deesh "amooti!" means Jesus says, "I love you!"

Happy Saturday! It is Saturday here in Mozambique. It has been over a week since sending out my love to you all yes? To my sister Nichole I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I know it was last week Saturday, and I wanted to send hugs ontop of hugs and then some more hugs! I love you!!!!!

Saturday doesn't mean the work is any slower around here, but it is still a beautiful day!!!!! You guys! I am being so pruned and trained and grown. It is really very exciting for me!!!! When I think of the overall sum of my days here, at first glance they can look like this: drowning in poop, throw up, pee, and unknown objects by the second along with earfuls of screams and loud voices, things being spilled, swiped, pulled out, trouble making all around. If you stand still in all of it you see this: A little girl picking flowers, a little boy pulling his own little toy, laughter in the next room. You see curious little wide eyed learners, playful little ones so eager to love and be loved. When you then feel the baby in your arms who's just peed on you, you recognize their name is not just Lindina or Jonah, but JESUS!!!! Beautiful Jesus! He is the one you care for when you care for the wounded little ones. It's the same whoever you lend your love to, wherever you are!

These kids are not the only learners, I am learning most! They are my teachers of all things!!! On top of that I am found in Hebrews where I am so fond of my Great High Priest who is above even the Heavens and who knows all my weaknesses and has known them first hand. The one who prays for me and has made the sacrifice that I could never make. He is beautiful and turning my love into real alive love to be given purely. Not anything I could ever conjure up of my own.

Oh my dears, I wish I were able to really sit down with more time and quiet and concentration and then maybe this little update to you would not feel so scattered and scrambled in my mind:)!!!!

Prayer Requests:

Dene: We think he might be maybe 18months old or so, and we think he has aids. He was abandoned by his mom and his dad is in jail. He has these wounds that won't heal and are now getting even worse. He cries alot. Some is his need for love and some is his pain from these wounds. Pray for quick healing.

Sean: a guy here also from KC. We are concerned he might have malaria. He gets very sick on and off which is similar to malaria symptoms. We are praying for his healing.

Praises to Jesus because little Hawa is more and more herself all the time. She plays with us now and laughs....she was my flower picker this morning:)

Two of the little girls, Telma and Quiterria had to have their heads shaved and now are being treated for head fungus(the same thing I had to treat the kids in Namibia for that Jesus miraculously healed!) He will do it again!

There is a second baby house and the kids are growing out of it. It is just too small! There have been no options open for them to move into. Please pray for one to show up quickly!!!!

I love you all! love, Amanda

No comments: