Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jezoosh Deesh "Amooti!"

Hola! I have some updates for you my dears! I haven't been online for quite a while so you are probably wondering what's up.....

Welp first, by the Lord's hand I am no longer going to be going on to Swaziland. It is by what I have been told is "TIA" (This is Africa). My missionary friend's car in Swazi was unknowingly a stollen car before it was sold to them. This means that they were unable to cross the border into Mozambique to get me. It is a bummer for me, but I have such assurance that this is the Lord's will, and I am happy here.

I have more to say, but sadly my internet time is already up. But at least you know this and so I will leave you with one thought:

If Jesus were to come into an orphanage of toddlers and babies, crazy with children running and making trouble and so much to be done would he do this or this?:

Would he join the line of changing diaper after diaper and trying to control crazy chidren, or would he lay in bed next to the 3 year old with AIDS who just came home from the hospital and is still very weak, singing her songs and rubbing her belly?

3 comments:

Monica said...

Amanda! I never received the contact information of the person I'm suppose to forward your "suspicious" mail to! I just received your KCP&L bill, what would you like me to do with it??? -Monica

Monica said...

By the way, my email is monicaplau@yahoo.com, and the bill is due June 30 (I just opened my June bill).

Caitlin Groen said...

Hello dear!
I have finally had some time to get caught up on your blog! Thanks for the note...I got it in the mail several days ago! You wrote it the same day our baby girl was being born [may23]! Her name is Amalia Blythe and we are so thankful to God for her!
[pics on facebook...]
Know that I have been praying for you....also for Pieter and Rika- that God would encircle you all with grace, strength, and peace that can only come from Him (for His glory!), girding you for the work you are all doing in His name!!

much love to you! -cait