Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jesus is Still Victor

Hello my dear friends. I am writing to you today, unsure exactly what to say other than that am calling for your prayers. Please, not just kind thoughts, though that is nice, but real true prayers. Wherever you are, just grab another Jesus lover and pray.

This morning little Americo went from my arms into the arms of Jesus. He was so so sick with AIDS. He was such a little fighter. Even just yesterday we finally found food he would like to eat. The past two nights he has slept on my chest and by my side. I felt a mother's love over him. I felt what Jesus feels for the orphaned child. This morning in his sleep he made the cutest little baby noises. But when it came time to wake him, he would not wake easily and I saw that his breathing was not right. We rushed him to the hospital, but the staff there were of no help at all.

Last night as I held him and fell asleep, there were these worshipful songs coming out of me for him that I knew were straight from the heart of God, because I did not think of doing that on my own. I know Jesus could have kept Americo with us as the little fighter who grew so strong and amazed everyone....but Jesus has the plan that no man has. I am full of joy when I think of Americo alive with Christ in the Heavenly places.

Still it is a very difficult time here. My heart aches for Pieter and Rika and the family. How much can one family take? Please pray for comfort and joy. Pray for great breakthrough in the Spirit. The enemy has no place in this home. This is the House of God!!!!! Please please pray for us. Sending my love in Christ, Amanda


Blessed are those who mourn, they will be comforted. Matt 5:4

1 comment:

Grace said...

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:17-18


I'm praying Amanda. I know that that boy is so thankful for the motherly love and the comfort you gave him during those last few hours. Love you pretty girl