Sunday, May 31, 2009

Beautiful Mozambique

It was an emotional Saturday night for me, leaving the team that I love so much! They all surrounded me in prayers that gave me great courage as I venture on with Jesus before me, behind me, at my side, and in me....

As the plane landed in Moz, my first thought was how much Jesus loves this place. There is something special about Mozambique. Oh heavens! And the children are beautiful!!! When I arrived at the home, it was nap time. Some of the girls were already awake. The first thing they said as I walked in was, "Bonita, bonita, bonita" as they pointed at me. They speak portuguese (thankfully similar to spannish and I am doing pretty well). It's been a day and a half and I already remember 98% of their names.

Tomorrow is national Children's Day so we will be very busy with preparations for a party. So fun!!!! Please pray for me as I get adjusted here. I am also constantly talking to the Lord about our future, so please pray that I will have an open heart for however He leads.

Other prayer NEEDS: one little boy named Americu has AIDS and is severely malnourished. His hands and feet are swollen. He needs a miracle to fight through.

A little one named Hawa is in the hospital for an unknown fever. If all goes well, she may come home tomorrow.

Another little boy named Danni is swollen from the hips down for an unexplainable reason.

Please also pray for Pieter and Rika who are the papa and mama here, they have had a really rough last two weeks and are emotionally drained. I want to be a joy to them here and for them to really be uplifted.

Peace to you! Much love, Amanda

2 comments:

Mana Laura said...

Hi Amanda!
Welcome to Mozambique! I work with Iris Ministries, where P&R used to work years ago, out in Zimpeto. I am currently in the US though but will head home on Thursday. Bless you as you serve there and as you lift up P&R! I can't believe all they've gone thru lately and am praying for God's comfort for them. I pray you'll be a part of that! Perhaps we'll get a chance to meet, who knows! Bless you!

rhonda said...

Dear Sweet Amanda,
Have been gone for Army training, now we are home, no internet service there. Cool there soooooo
hot here at home but so very green from all the rain. Our back yard is truly a jungle. Flowers everywhere. Praying for you daily, miss you soooo much. Comfort in my heart knowing God is w/you every second. Got your postcard BEAUTIFUL!!! Nichole's shower was fun, thank you for allowing us to have it in your home. Tricia has a new found talent, catering! Food and presentation beautiful. Reminded me of the shower you gave Tricia at the Rathgen's home, also beautiful.
What an amazing journey you are on, serving the Lord my sweet Amanda. I pray for safe travels my girl. Talk w/you soon. Love and kisses to you. Momma and Gene.