Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sick to His Glory!!!

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I missed the last internet cafe visit because I was sick in bed. Boy was I soo sick! But do not be worried, I am better and better every day:)!!!!

On Sunday we had a baptism, two beautiful women were baptized!!! Just as soon as the baptism completed, the sickness just hit me! Nausea, tummy pain, a fever, chills-my whole body. By the time I got into my bed I was miserable and hurting all over! But you know what? Jesus is so full of grace! HE gave me such grace that I was not sad about it or upset. I had such a thankful heart! Tears of thanks even because I have been begging Him to have a heart of compassion. That I would know how the people in Masi feel. As I lay sick in my bed and all the house was full of people and music and cheering, I though of every sick and forgotten one lying on their beds in little shacks around Masi while all was noisy outiside of them and no one remembered them. And then it also hit me that Jesus is not just moved with compassion for the people, but He feels what they feel! Jesus feels every pain they feel! I pictured His body broken and destroyed for us. He really felt it and feels it all! He is so loving!

When my team came up to check on me and saw how hot my fever was and how terrible I felt, they came and laid hands on me to pray. Jenn said my back was burning her skin, but instantly she felt the heat leave. I felt it too! My fever dropped and I felt soo much better. Still weak and not totally well, but so much better!

On Monday I was still too sick to go out, but many people in Masi were healed as my team went out in faith and prayed for them.

On Tuesday we spent 6 hours straight praising and worshipping God as we walked around Masi. We prayed for several people who gathered around us. One woman we prayed for is named Angela. She has AIDS and is not well at all. So thin and frail. Both her and her mom believe in Jesus. Her mom cried out the deepest prayers for her daughter. We all surrounded her house and asked Jesus to bring joy and healing and peace. We believe that He will heal her, even knowing that the fullest healing is for her to be taken into Heaven.

Today we went around Masi again, it was a difficult morning because Lindsay and I have both been sick and not full strength. We are a team with Sean, and so it was hard for two out of three of us to feel so weak. But we pressed on, and I trust that God has been glorified.

I think it is amazing that I keep running into this little 7 year old girl named Sabina. She is soo cute! Her front two teeth are missing. She loves to sing with me and she has taught me some Cosa songs as well. I talked to her about my Heavenly Daddy who is not like her daddy on earth that hits her. I love her! Jesus loves her!

Well I must go, hopefully this was not too long, just wanted to catch you up!

I love you all! Please pray for my courage! My trip is only just beginnning. I don't want any bit of sickness left in me when I get to the babies in Mozambique. I don't want them to catch it! Love in Christ, Amanda

1 comment:

Grace said...

I love you pretty girl! I'm so glad to hear you are doing better. Post some pictures soon if you can!