Friday, October 3, 2008

Farewell Namibia

Gutentag mine friendene! So, I've left Namibia with a tearful goodbye at all the good times, expeiencing and growth we've shared and all the dear dear friends I leave behind.

I seem to have forgotten my traveling mate their as well! Sorry to those who will miss Bethany. She was zapped by this sort of Africaans bug that leaves a girl smitten for days on end and she just couldn't get both feet on the plane!

I wasn't too nervous about my alone flights and the Lord took care of me with lots of humour involved! I have what I call airplane narcalepsy. It was hilarious! On the long stretch flight I saw my seat and thought oh no! I was sitting between twon strangers that were really strange. But it turned out fine and really great too! On my left a strange quiet man from the Netherlands and two my right: a strange elderly woman in her late 60's from England who lives in SA, but refuses to call it home and talks a mile a minute. She turns to me at one point telling me how I remind her of her daughters quiet little friend. Anyway, as soon as she'd pause I was out! I slept great! I slept through meals and drinks and all of it! I did wake every couple hours because those seats aren't so comfy. The funniest thing was in the morning when Stella (yes, her name!) told me I was like the mouse on Alice and Wonderland who falls asleep everytime he sits down.

So here I am in Germany and had a good döner last night! And not dinner, but a yummy wrappy meaty thing. I love you all! Can't wait to see you all!

No comments: