Monday, March 29, 2010

Life in Port au Prince

Hello anyone still following :)

It has been nearly two weeks now since saying goodbye to Haiti and its children. It has not been the easiest two weeks, but Jesus is so good in His caring for me. I would not trade the heart ache for never having gone and loved those darlings! Now my joy is to pray for them as I also pray about the next step the Lord has for me to take on this walk with Him. I trust that I have not for a moment stepped off the path he has prepared and planned for me.

I just found a short clip from NPR depicting life in PAP. All of a sudden I was there again. They really did well to paint an accurate picture of how Haiti is getting back to "business." Hope you enjoy! (Also check out the sight because there is a full showing of PAP online or on air PBS Tuesday March 30th.

Sorry, for now you'll just have to cut and paste this website because I don't know how to put links on this thing!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/haiti/view/economy_tent_city.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

still following...love your heart and writing amanda. that was a good clip! very much enjoyed it...thanks! i hope you keep blogging about your goals and how god is working on you...

Sandra's Latest... said...

Still reading :)

T and T Livesay said...

Thanks for sharing your story in the comment today Amanda ... very very cool and the symbolism tied together is so God-like. Blessings on your journey! Thanks for your encouragement.