Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stand Firm, and Having Done All, Stand!

Dear friends,
I had wondered until just the past few days what the purpose of Ephesians 6 being prayed over me was all about. Now I am seeing. There is so much chaos at the orphanage right now....

THE RUNDOWN OF WHAT I AM STANDING STRONG IN:

In the past couple days we have begun to really sit down with the chidren in the post-op clinic/hospital and hear their stories and the stories of their families. Not one is not sad, though many are filled with all praise and hope resting in Christ Jesus. (Praise Him!). I have cried with these families and prayed with them....and ask Papa where will he take them from here. So many with nothing. No home, no tarp or sheet. No work. No money. Others to take care of. Dealing with death and hurting. It is alot to take on for them(and yes, for my breaking heart for them).

On top of this, 130 (nonbelievers from the words and attitude that come from their mouth and their actions) people showed up and pitched tents all over our campus at midnight and woke all the kids and orphans and workers up...IT CHAOTIC to say the least. Pray for our grace as we are having such a hard time welcoming them. (We are protective of our kiddos in the clinic and do not want them to be spectacles and tourist attractions, let alone catch whatever sicknesses they may carry!)

Then today we said goodbyes to several team mates who have been so spiritually strong and helpful. Just their presense with us was community and compassion and....a small new sort of family. We cried!

I discharged my first patient today. Her home is not what it was before. She does not have the home she had before nor the auntie that had been her mama. She leaves with her brother and I have to trust that the Lord takes good care of her!

As you see, your prayers are much appreciated! I love you all! -Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amanda who was discharged? I am praying you through this and that Jesus protect those kids he will and he is using you to do so...I cannot even imagine 130 more people on the compound...for how long? Anyway...good things will come

Kristen said...

amanda, your birthday call to me yesterday was quite the highlight of my day. it was the most fantastic birthday surprise!

Yeah, Lord, I ask for amanda and her teammates for grace in these next couple of days for these visitors. lord, i ask that these 130 people realize the reality of the situation, that this clinic is working for you and that these kids are being protected by you, lord.

Jesus, there is so much that is out of our hands. i pray for increased faith for all of the volunteers and those of us at home that we will allow you to take that burden. Lord, you'll continue on with the children that are discharged or sent to other hospitals. Lord, you are still with them even when we are not.

Lord, you are still strong even when your strong followers move on. You raise up others to be leaders. You reveal in us our strengths through hard times.

I ask that we are humbled so that you can be our Lord and do your stuff, Jesus! Jesus, you HEAL! i pray for an increase of healing! Jesus, you give us strength. I ask for an increase in strength. Jesus, you give wisdom! I ask for the volunteers and doctors for more of your wisdom!

Man, you are good to us Papa. you love your children and you lift the poor in cloth tents to higher ground out of the soggy ground. --Amen!

let it be true, Papa!