Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spicy Peanutbutter!

Good morning loved family and friends!

Haitian's make their peanutbutter with chili peppers in it, bam! My breakfast is therefore spicy peanutbutter with honey on white bread. I rather like it!

This morning is my 7th day in Haiti, and my first day off! I figure the Lord rested on the 7th day, so I will too! I thought you might like a run down of my schedule day to day, though keep in mind YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN IN HAITI. So, that being said, this is only what would happen each day if schedule's really existed :) (also know, it's an hour ahead here)


MY DAYS:
6am-wake up and hide away with Jesus.
7am-eat spicy peanutbutter on bread or mixed into Haitian cornflakes. Get ready for day.
7:30am-Get to clinic and begin! (Goodmornings,pincare, wound dressing changes, medications/vitamins, physical therapy, and all those in between things that you nurses know come up)
Noonish: We try to get all the kids moved outside on their cots-it's hot hot hot indoors and those casts get ITCHY! By this time our goal is that most first rounds of PT have been accomplished (they get it 2-3times/day which is alot).
2pm-5:30: second round of PT begins. Any pincares and limb dressing changes that weren't finnished in am.
5:30-daily meeting/eat dinner with my YWAM team(the team pairs off and goes all around Port a Prince from field hospital to tent city clinics, ect.)
6ish: Back to clinic to finnish up.
7ish: Priase errupts in the clinic. The orphanage we are at has a projector that they bring over and has one worship dvd of vineyard songs that we all sing and dance or wave arms to.
7:30 they start a movie and we say goodnight!
I am usually in bed by 8 or 9 on a good day, and that feels so late!

More to come so keep checking my blogspot:)

No comments: