Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I am in Cape Town!!!!!

Hello my lovely family and dear friends! I am so glad to be sitting here at this internet cafe to write to you. Please dismiss any errors in spelling, I haven't much time and feel in a rush!

My team and I got here in the middle of the night Monday night. Travelling was soo soo smooth! It was so great! I sat next to a sweet Christian couple for the first 7 hours who prayed blessings for me and we were all encouraged by one another!

I want to tell you how exciting it is to be in this place! It has been a strange first few days of trying to adjust to times and new atmosphere and culture, but so good! It is great to have a team to be encouraged by and to encourage. We also met up with a team from Norman,Ok so now there is about 27 of us!!!! We all stay in one house, girls on the top floor and guys on the bottom. My shared room of 7 girls has an amazing deck with a view of the town leading up to the ocean!!! I see the ocean! And the sun sets right in front of me!!! So gorgeous!!!!

Our first day was Tuesday, we had a tour of the townships and a lunch on the beach:)! We heard from the All Nations ministry that we will be working with about their vision and the work they have already been doing here. Today has been our second day and we have jumped right in! At 10 am we met for worship in a small church right within the township and then headed out in groups of 3 with each a translator. We went into what is called the "wet lands" of Masi. The poorest area. Already we have led two women to Jesus and a young boy and girl, brother and sister!

When I am with the children it is so easy for me to tell the story of who God our Father is and Jesus his son. Somehow with adults I lose my bearings. Please pray for me in this! We also had a party for a group of children that All Nations has "adopted." They are called Children at Risk because either one or bother parents have been killed or are very sick. It was soo fun! I love these kids! Beauty!!!

I am going to send this in case my time runs out...to be continued...

No comments: