Monday, August 4, 2008

Starting Point

"and, "Be strong and courageous...the Lord your God is with you..." Joshua 1:9

Here we are at the start of a new week! This will be our first official week here getting to know the children and joining them in everyday life. (We will be starting the Bible study on Wednesday and continuing to do so every weekday-please pray!)

On Saturday we met most of the kids and played some, but mostly spent time getting geared up. Anja (Haven's Manager/Mama) instructed me in the role of managing the Haven that I will take over for her starting today! It seems like a big job! I was feeling overwhelmed and intimidated (b/c this culture may require that I be firm & loud...2 things I am not!)

Anja and I prayed together and we were very encouraged in hearing the Lord. We are confident that He loves these kids more than we do. He reminded me of the verse in 2 Corinthians 12:9 when the Lord tells Paul his gracious favor is all he needed and his power works best in his weakness. Oh dear! If this is God's power works best in my weakness, he is very well going to be working his best in these weeks to come!

No comments: