Friday, August 1, 2008

Here I am!

I am just writing a really quick note to let you all know we arrived in beautiful Namibia safely yesterday morning and that all is well. We did encounter a few problems along the way, but all is well. I never lost sight of the fact that God was and is right with us. With each problem He worked it out with such perfect detail that I was nearly in tears with such joy. I walked around airports and up and down airplane isles thinking about how wonderful it is to be a child of my Heavenly Father! He is GOOD! Thank you for all of your prayers! Bethany and I have been talking frequently about how we think of you and that you are praying. We are blessed girls indeed!

The children are amazing! I haven't even met each of them yet. It took all day to get here yesterday and today we spent time meeting with Anja to learn about the Haven, and unpacking our things which arrived a day later (yes, Yvonne, this is one of those times when I picture your laugh!).

Anyway, more to come and pictures too! Internet sure is sloooow as a snail in the shade here! But will make do! Take care!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news that you arrived safe and full of the joy of the Lord. I am sure that He is full of joy for you too!

Aloha,
Dad

Unknown said...

Psalms 22:30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Amanda and Bethany, I believe this applies to you two and that you are spreading the seed that will account for no less than one generation.

The book of Psalms 22 is one that speaks of suffering that is followed by great joy, and this I believe is the message for those orphans hear; and I encourage you both in your work as you serve God through them over the next few months.

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) for your obedience to the Lord.

Aloha,
Dad

Yvonne Stiles said...

Amanda!!! No way, I cannot believe that your luggage came a day late and yes, I am laughing as I remember all of us standing around the luggage carousel in Ukraine wondering... :)
I couldn't comment last week because I didn't have a google account...now I do, I had to come up with the right name first though.
I love you dearly and have not stopped thinking of you and praying for you!
Yvonne