Friday, August 8, 2008

By the way....

Updates to prayer:

Bethany is feeling much better! Thanks for checking up on her. She was bed bound for just a day....and took it easy the next couple. Now she just has a bit of a stuffy nose, but almost altogether better! Yipee!

Deseree is still very sick and their is concerns of TB. I have been giving her some immune boosters. Poor girl, I know it tastes awful, but she's such a trooper taking it every time without complaint!

Mandy, who's uncle died (they call uncles "small father"), is in town today preparing the body for burial.

The kids are starting to really warm up to us. Some are, of course testing us and that can be a little discouraging, but I know it is never more than we can handle. We are a bit worn out after the week, but may spend a day at the farm this weekend to get some rest!

The Lord has really been speaking to us all throughout out the day. He is up to some bigger things than we see!

Love you all!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I love you and have been seeking the Lord on your behalf, even though your much tighter with Him than I am:)! You sound like even though you're tired, you are having a blast. And how I so anticipate reading your blogs! Do you have anything you need specifically other than prayer requests? I've been contemplating sending more than just stickers. Let me know it that's a good idea or not. ....love you...

Anonymous said...

As I read about how you ached to let your precious children go back to less desirable situations, I identify with you so well. I am struggling with the very same thing. As a mama you want to be their protector at all times. But as you encouraged yourself to remember that God knew these things would happen and of His grand plan - He is their shield and protector. His angels rise up around them. I find myself continually availing myself to Him, hiding in this truth that He is able. Thank you for the words you said. You renewed my trust for the Lord again today!
I pray you, Bethany, Mandy and the adults caring for these kids will live in gentleness and tender kindness - as well as patience and self-control! You have no idea what lasting impression you are making.
Thank you also for describing some of the children, giving a face and name to the orphans. They are so precious.
I know God is so pleased and blessed by your obedience to Him.
Hebrews 12:12
"So take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs, Mark out a straight path for your feet. Then those who follow you, though they are weak and lame, will not stumble and fall but will become strong."