Tuesday, February 7, 2012

If You Belong to God, You Hear God's Voice (John 8:47)

For all of this new year (so far), the Boiler Room kiddos and I have been embarking on an exploration of hearing God's voice.

First we looked at his voice as a rushing river, a mighty ocean. We saw that He is called "the Word." And we concluded....that God is a Chatterbox!

So we went to the cross to give Jesus all the ways we hadn't believed we could hear God's voice, and all the ways we didn't think He spoke to us. The result=LAUGHTER. We were rolling in laughter, literally, as we saw the Father laughing over us, cheerfully saying, "Yes, give me all that junk that you don't want or need and look at what I have to give to you! I am speaking, I love to talk to you!"

God is always speaking. If you quite your mind and open your ears, you will hear him. Maybe it's waking up to a song playing in your mind that you hadn't listened to for years, or you'll read it on the little note attached to your tea bag, or you'll look at a painting that stirs something in you, or the smile of a sick child will encourage you to keep hoping, or the sky will seems to reach out it's arms and swallow you up in a mysterious hug.......just listen!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I love that you are blogging once again! I love to hear about....anything you do!! You are one amazing woman. There is no doubt that you help make a tremendous difference in anyone's life that you are placed in.

Amanda Kane said...

Thank you MaryBeth! You are so encouraging to me all the time! Hope you are doing well! Miss you on 6H!