Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Prayer Points for this Week

My dear friends, I am writing to you now to ask your specific prayers for this day as well as the week to come:

Please pray first that the Lord's kingdom will come to the Haven as it is in Heaven. That the spiritual atmosphere here would be consumed by the Holy Spirit. That he would rieign and show that his power is the greatest.

Today we will have our first Bible study.
PLEASE pray that the house mothers will be able to translate correctly and with understanding.
That the children will understand and be attentive.
That the two older boys will come (Absolom and Patrick). They have not shown their faces often yet, but I think they are curious.

Please pray for our housemother, Mandy, who's family member has just died in the night. She is grieving.

Please pray for little Desiree who is still very sick. Her lung sounds are very course and with wheezes. Mandy says it is very easy to get tuberculosis here.

Please pray that Alexander's abscess on his head will be healed. And for Linus who recently has also developed abscesses on his head.

Please pray for Bethany who has been ill and spent all of yesterday in bed.

Thank you my dear friends! I am so greatful for your praying hearts. I will keep you updated!
I love you all!

5 comments:

Grace said...

I've added them all to my prayer list, and I've included you! I love you!

MaryBeth said...

I will absolutely pray for them and you! And you be careful yourself!! I love that you are updating us so often. It makes it seem like you aren't as far away! Take care and I can't wait to read the next blog :)

Unknown said...

wow, amanda. that's about all i can say. i will pray for you and with you. thank you for keeping us updated. love you!

JessCo said...

Thought of you both today and prayed that you would be encouraged in your ministry...Love you and have a wonderful weekend!!

p.s. is our Bethany feeling better??

Mary Ann Good said...

Thanks for sharing all these concerns, Amanda. It sounds like you are going through a baptism by fire! I pray that Christ's power will be sufficient for all your needs. If Bethany is sick, would you please fill us in a little bit, if she isn't feeling like emailing? We sure would appreciate it! You are in our thoughts and prayers many times throughout the day.