Monday, August 4, 2008

Meet Some of the Kids!

Lihongeni is 5. Her mom died and her father is not around. She comes from a different tribe than the other children and so does not speak a common language with any of them. Liho does have AIDS. She is so beautiful! I have nicknamed her "angel eyes." If only I knew how to say that in her own language!

Linus is 7, I think. I have been told he is very tiny because he is of the "bushmen," and that they are always small people. He is also very fast. His nickname is "Makalani," after the small cartoon ant drawn on the sugar packages here. Look at the crazy toys they rig up, a broken toy truck hung from the monkey bars by wire and somewhat supported by two poles beneath! I am telling you! It is always something new and crazy....and usually dangerous! Anja has said it right when she told me, "think of the worst case scenario with a toy/game and then multiply that by 100!" But they are smart little inventors for sure!

1 comment:

KatieMo said...

What a sweetie! It looks like you're having an amazing time over there. You're definitely a natural with kiddos, and you have such a good heart. Hope things are well!